Saturday, June 27, 2009

Big boy bed. Big boy bed! BIG BOY BED!

As you know, we are expecting baby number two in August. So, Evan needs to vacate the crib to make room for his sister. I need to have the room ready for the baby so I can satisfy this nesting phase I'm in. So, that can only mean one thing... Time for Evan to move to a "big boy bed".

We have been talking about moving to said bed for several weeks. Last Saturday morning I asked Evan if he wanted to get a big boy bed. For whatever reason, he totally latched on to that idea. Throughout the day on Saturday, he probably said "big boy bed" 3,000 times. (I'm totally not exaggerating here....) When he took his nap, I'm pretty sure the last words out of his mouth were "big boy bed".

So, we decided to go to Ikea for the big purchase. Throughout the entire store, he kept repeating "big boy bed... big boy bed..." It was really sweet....

You know what wasn't so sweet? What happened towards the end of the trip. As we were waiting in the eternal check out line, Evan decided that he wanted to get out of the cart. When we did not oblige, he started looking at complete strangers yelling "Help me! I NEED HELP!"

After some disapproving looks from fellow shoppers, we finally made it home with the famed big boy bed.

On Sunday, Dave and Evan set up the new bed. Here are a few pictures:






I know that a picture might be worth a thousand words. But in this instance, I really think that the words do it justice. Take a listen:


Sweet Dreams!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! He has the sweetest little voice. Can't wait to hear how his first night in "big boy bed" goes!

Anonymous said...

And, by the way, fabulous wall color in that room! What is it?

Carolyn said...

The paint is a Restoration Hardware color - Shore. His bathroom is painted a shade lighter - Atmosphere. We like their paint colors a lot and have used several throughout the house.

Considering the fact that Evan slept from 11 PM to 3 AM last night, I would say that the transition is not going so well... (yawn....) ;(

wesleyandbeth said...

Oh how fun!! I loved hearing his little voice! He's so excited!!!

Unknown said...

How adorable!! Hope it all goes well. :) Abigail did great in her bed, then realized she could get out. After some reinforcement, she's back to staying in and has only fallen out a few times. :) Ha ha...